Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Sew Little Time


I have only a precious few days left to sew before my family from South Africa starts arriving. This weekend the in-laws and in 2 weeks my sister. All in all 3 months of visitors, so please forgive me if you don't see me blogging. BUT I will still follow all of you everyday, as I will have my laptop in bed with me!


FOLDED STAR:

I finished my Folded Star Cushion in September which I made for the IFQ group. This was a fun project and although not perfect, good enough for me.




CHARMS AND LAYERS

On Saturday I grabbed a charm pack and layer cake, both Moda's Civil War collection and wanted to do something quick, so I sewed a charm on a layer and before you had enough to make a top. It's too small, as is, but I will go find something for borders to make it bigger into a double bed sized quilt. Oops forgot to take a photo of the assembled blocks. Will do so and post later.








                                              CHRISTMAS TABLE  RUNNER


On Sunday I grabbed another charm pack by Moda and simply ( I like quick results!) whipped them together. Added a solid border and now just need to go get something for a backing and hopefullly can quickly quilt it before Sunday????  Not so sure if  THAT's  going to happen! 

4 comments:

  1. I love your folded star. The colours are great. You are quite a prolific quilter.
    www.quiltsampler.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the table runner!! Those fabrics are gorgeous.... and you can NEVER have enough table runners:-)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Great minds think alike! I have ordered a layer cake and a matching charm pack from www.shabbyfabrics.com and I planned to do the same design that you have done! I like things that come together quickly too. I already have far too many UFO's! Hugs n Blessings from Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. fantastic! love the runner - and the folded star is amazing
    enjoy having your rellies around
    xx

    ReplyDelete