Thursday, July 7, 2011
It's school holidays in Australia and I am determined to do some sewing. I have been working on some block swaps.... some good, some I am going to redo as I don't like the results. Most of all I have been playing with my new GO! dies. I have partnered up with my friend Helen to do a tumbler quilt and we are both enjoying the tumbler die. Mine has a bit of snag, but useable for now. The friendly lady from the Sewing Box will replace it soon. I have also played with the 5'' square die. I have cut around 100 charms from 2 different French General ranges (scraps) and will combine that with the 2 FG charms packs I bought a while ago. So, 3 ranges of French General in one quilt ! The first batch were slightly off by 1/8 '' and I was NOT happy. Then I made sure to follow the grain of the fabric and put a piece of paper between the fabric and the mat and then it came out perfect. Note to self..... use your tools as directed.... quilters don't cut corners! Love my Go!